Monday, September 24, 2012

Homemade Deoderant

Inspired by several of my favorite blogger's I have decided to make my own deodorant. I have never fully been comfortable with traditional store bought deodorant and after a few months of research I realized why. It is basically a chemical concoction that can cause a myriad of different problems.Including aweful pit acne. I can do better than that for sure! So after some research I noticed a pattern. Most deodorant recipe's call for an deodorizer, a dry seeking product, and scent. So here it is:

Simple Homemade Deodorant

1/2 Cup Baking Soda (Deodorizer)
1/2 Cup Arrowroot Powder (Dry Starch)
5 Drops Tea Tree Oil (For scent and disinfecting properties)
5-10 Drops Lavender Oil (Scent to your preference)
Coconut oil to desired consistency (Moisturizer)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Jam deodorant into container of your choice. (I used an old Dove deodorant container and a mason jar for what wouldn't fit in the stick)
Apply gently, A little goes a long way!
Enjoy smooth, non-stinky pits! With no chemical concerns!

Now wasn't that easy!

Now here are the pictures . .

 Mixing the ingredients

 Although it's hard to see this was after jamming half of it into the deodorant stick

Finished Product, Isn't it lovely?

Happy Naturalizing!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment